POLICY: PUBLIC ACCESS TO COUNCIL MEETINGS
- Meetings will be open to the public for all governance related matters except where those policy matters relate to litigation and personnel issues. Any member may request Council go in camera but:
- The reason for going in camera must be stated;
- Council may include no one else or anyone else it chooses;
- Authority to go in camera is vested in the President of the Council unless overridden by simple majority vote;
- Where possible, announcement of the intention to go in camera should be on the agenda.
- No right is extended to public observers to actively participate in meetings.
- No recording devices or cameras are permitted without the permission of the Chairperson.
Policy Adopted by Council Aug. 1998
Amended March 26, 2015
To be Reviewed March 2020